VolDECs provide you with a number of benefits
Various external and internal pressures mean that, for most organisations across all sectors, energy performance evaluation is fast-becoming unavoidably essential. Some see it as a burden but the more enlightened view is that it provides benefits for all their stakeholders – from shareholders to employees to customers and occupants.
The benefits of VolDECs are that they:
- Highlight energy performance and provide a clear driver for improving performance
- Are a stand-alone entry level engagement tool – based on relatively simple data, making them easy to produce and inexpensive
- Establish a consistent methodology and quality level across the industry
- Provide landlords and tenants with comparative energy performance of the areas that they control
- Offer a starting point for tenant engagement
- Use robust DEC methods but with more appropriate benchmarks and an extended scale for greater performance differentiation
- Have been piloted in various multi-tenanted offices, and are now being developed for other sectors and building owners/operators
- Help to highlight data and performance anomalies and the need for more detailed investigations
VolDECs – by the industry, for the industry
Whilst complex buildings will need external expertise, VolDECs provide a useful, cost-effective and relatively easy starting point, and one that can be built into a more sophisticated approach as and when skills and confidence grow.
Our aim with VolDECs is to create a USEFUL tool by the industry, for the industry.