Although there are no site audit requirements for VolDECs, we undertake data verification checks, and the scheme itself is subject to periodic audits.
We undertake two levels of audit:
- Standard checks on all VolDECs to identify spurious data leading to unexpected results. In particular, we look at the landlord-to-tenant rating ratio, in order to spot any wide disparities, which might imply either poor data or a poor choice of scenario
- A small number of site visits across each larger portfolio ~ 5%. These might take the form of follow up visits by the client’s representative
Full site audits
We also reserve the right to conduct a full site audit on a small proportion of scheme participants in order to ensure the on-going robustness of the scheme.
In addition, we include a certificate quality rating as part of our feedback and auditing:
- HIGH. Well categorised, good energy data, good floor area data (for display)
- MEDIUM. Concerns about categorisation, energy or floor area data (for display – prompting improved data)
- LOW. Missing/poor categorisation, energy or floor area data (issue to Facilities Manager – not for display)